2.04.2010

New Ravelry Group: Kimi's Kids

So, I have this friend, Kimi, who I have known since college. Her and I were two of the founding members of the Chem Clique while at Loyola. While I have gone on to test wastewater for a living, Kimi has gone on to become a doctor. Currently she is practicing medicine at a clinic in the Chicagoland area.


Kimi is teaching classes at the clinic for women who are expecting children. Many of these women come from low income families.

She had indicated that she would really like it if she had something to give these women at the end of the class. You know, like something nice for their baby. We got to talking and she said that anything like hats, booties/socks, etc. would be good. You know, small stuff. :)
Anyway, me and some of the ladies in my knitting group are going to be knitting stuff in the next month or so to give to Kimi so she has something nice to give to these women at the end of the class. But, then I got to thinking. I know she teaches this class at least a couple times a year, and it would be nice if we could continue to give her stuff to gift to these women. Enter the Ravelry group.

So I have started a group on Ravelry called Kimi's Kids. Basically, if you are willing to knit a hat or something, just join the group and knit away. Then, when it's done, you can Rav message me for my address and you can send it along to me. I will make sure Kimi gets them.

You can find my new Ravelry group at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/kimis-kids

And, if you are not on Ravelry and want to send a little something my way to give to Kimi that would be cool too. When you are finished with your item you can email me at jenATknittinglikecrazyDOTcom and I will send you details on where to send it.

That's it. If you are looking for a quick charity knitting project, consider knitting for Kimi's Kids. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...